Create Date: Apr 16, 2015
- Is it your first time shopping at Owlkids Online Shop?
Welcome! We’re here to provide you an easy and safe shopping experience. To place your first order:
- Browse or search through the list of available items
- Select the items that you wish to purchase by adding them to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout by providing us with shipping and payment details. By completing these few steps, your order is out the door and on its way to you. If you're still not comfortable, we are more than happy to fill your order through phone, fax or mail.
- How do I find items?
You have two different solutions: Browse and Search
- Easy as strolling through a store, you can browse our website using the categories listed in the top navigation bar. You can click on any item to reach the detailed product page holding all the information you’ll need to place your order.
- Search: Keywords typed into our Search Box (on the top right corner) will bring up matching results for each word. If you enter "Chickadee" into the Search Box, it will return results for Chickadee, wherever the word is found in the shopping cart including book, e-book and magazine titles, and within descriptions.
- How do I add items or review what is in my shopping cart?
One click will be enough. Every item on our site includes an "Add to Cart" button. Clicking this button places that item in your shopping cart, waiting for your final decision. You can then check the contents of your shopping cart at any time by clicking the "Cart" icon in the top right corner. On this page, you have several options. You can:
- "Delete" items,
- Change the quantity of each item,
- Check shipping charges,
Note: When changing quantity, remember to click “Update” to register the change. Please note that this is not necessarily a final tally, as coupons and gift certificates can still be applied during the checkout process. From “Cart”, you can continue shopping or "Check Out."
- How do I check out my final order?
When you are done shopping, click the "Check Out" button at the bottom right of your Shopping Cart page. This will take you to our account page where New Customers can create an account or Returning Customers can sign in.
- New Customers
You must create an account that securely stores all of the information we need to process your order. This will also speed up the check out time of all your future purchases. You’ll just have to tell us your email address, your last name and your physical address to create an account. The mandatory field will be highlighted if you try to continue without filling the fields. We will use the email address to communicate with you about any orders placed using this account. Please ensure that your email address is active; we will send you an email to create your password.
- Shipping Method at Owlkids Online Shop
We offer several delivery methods using Canada Post, regular mail service with the following delivery window:
- Canada: 7-14 days, depending on delivery location.
- USA: 2-4 weeks depending on delivery location USA
- International: 3-5 weeks depending on delivery location
- Shipping Charges :
- CANADA: Shipping charges within Canada are based on weight and the destination, calculated by Canada Post.
0.1 lb - 3.0 lb
0.03 lb - 0.09 lb
Owlkids Online shop can process orders paid with VISA, MasterCard and American Express as methods of payment. You’ll need to enter the credit card number, expiry date and card holder name.
Forgot Your Password
- Click “Forgot your password?” on the login page.
- Enter your email address in the email field and click send. The email address entered must match the account email address.
- You will receive yours by email.
- What if I have a problem placing an order?
Once the order has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with the order details but you can also review your order by clicking “My Account” in the online store. If you have any questions about your order, please contact our customer service department at 1-866-978-5437.
- Can I order by phone or mail?
Sure you can! For your convenience, you can place your order in different ways. You may print out your order and mail it along with payment to us for processing.
- Telephone: 1-866-978-5437, Monday to Friday (9:00-5:00 p.m. EST)
- Mail: Owlkids Online Store, 1 Eglinton Ave E, Suite 800, Toronto, ON, M4P 3A1, CANADA (For mail orders we accept Visa, MasterCard, cheques and money orders. International orders must be paid with a credit card or Canadian dollar money order only).
- When will my credit card be charged?
Credit cards are charged immediately, so you know right away if the transaction has been approved or declined.
- What do I do if my credit card is declined?
If your credit card is declined, you will get a message that the card has been declined. You’ll have to use another Visa or MasterCard number. You could also place a mail order and provide a cheque or money order for payment.
- How do I cancel or modify my order once it has been placed?
Our orders are processed very quickly. If you change your mind, you should contact our customer service department at 1-800-387-7164, Monday to Friday (9:00-5:00 p.m. EST) as soon as possible.
- Can I ship one order to multiple addresses?
Unfortunately, we cannot ship to multiple addresses from the same order. If you wish to send items to more than one recipient, please submit a separate order for each shipping address.
- What do I do if my order was shipped incomplete, or I received the wrong item?
If you receive an order that is incomplete or if the wrong item was shipped, please contact us at: 1-800-387-7164, Monday to Friday (9:00-5:00 p.m. EST).
Your satisfaction is our goal. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, Owlkids offers a refund within 60 days of shipment date (found on your packing slip).
- When can I expect to receive a refund for my return?
Refunds will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the item back to us. Depending on your reason for returning the product, shipping fees may not be refundable. If you are returning a purchase because it arrived damaged, or because you received the wrong item(s), we will refund the full shipping costs and pay the return shipping.
- How are taxes calculated on my order?
Generally, tax is calculated on the selling price of an item. The amount of tax charged depends on many factors including the delivery address of the item(s) purchased and the type of item purchased.
- I’m interested in the Owlkids e-books. Where can I buy them?
You can buy Owlkids e-books at the Owlkids online store (http://shop.Owlkids.com).
How does it work?
- 1- Purchase the e-books from the Owlkids store’s website. Once the transaction is complete, you will receive an email confirmation for your order.
- 2 -Use your Owlkids store’s online account to log into the My Library section of either the Owlkids website using either a Mac or PC, or the Owlkids Stories mobile application on an iPad/iPhone/iPod. The application is downloadable for free in the AppStore
Thanks to your personal online account, that you created or used for your purchase, you’ll have access to all the e-books in your personal library at any time, whether on the web or iPad/iPhone/iPod.
- How can I create an Owlkids online account?
The Owlkids online account is created by associating an email address with a password. If you are not already an Owlkids client, you will create your account when you purchase Owlkids e-books. If you already have an Owlkids client account and you used it to subscribe, use that account to log into the Owlkids website or the Owlkids Stories application.
- What is the Owlkids online account used for?
It is used to synchronize your library: all the e-books you have purchased are linked to the account you use or create when you subscribe.
- On what devices can I read my e-books?
You can read them on:
- a Mac or PC computer through the Owlkids Stories website (http://www.owlkids-stories.com/)
- An iPad /iPhone/iPod Touch through the Owlkids Stories mobile application, which is downloadable for free in the AppStore.
- I bought my e-Books in the Owlkids store. How can I read my issues in the iPhone/iPad application?
Download the Owlkids Stories iPad application for free from the AppStore. Then log in with your Owlkids online account. To learn more about the Owlkids online account, please see the “How can I create an Owlkids online account?” question in this FAQ section.